Thursday, June 24, 2010

Acquiesce

an excerpt:

Im drowning in tumultuous waves of happiness and despair. It ebbs and flows, teasing me, pleasing me, allowing the damp grains of sand to run through my toes, but I fall through the slippery grains, its quicksand, and I am swept away into the dark ocean, filled with dark secrets and an enticing desire for death. I want it all to be a part of my play. I don’t want to watch it burn down slowly, as I become infirm and allow the bi polar plague take over in my dying days. I need to save myself and save everyone around me.

I know I’m about to do something wrong. I am about to covet my neighbours husband. Sweet Marie. She has no idea how her husband looks at me with quiet fascination. Sometimes I change without shutting my blinds. I know he stares from his bedroom, straight into mine. Small queens streets lets us all share our deepest secrets through the sexy glow of a quiet lamp. Sometimes I stand there and let him devour the contours of my breasts. My beautiful brown breasts. I light a cigarette, open the window and let the chilly air caress my body as he stands speechlessly staring.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete